Your Adirondack Family Vacation: What To Do While You’re Here!
From our cozy Alpine Lodge, winter beckons promising the best Adirondack family vacation ever! Gore Mountain ski center is just a short driveaway… you’ll find every type of activity for the frosty season, from downhill and cross country skiing and snowboarding, to showshoing, to horseback riding, and snowmobiling! If you’re looking for family winter resorts that offer it all, Adirondacks lodging at Alpine Lodge in North Creek lets you ski and stay, relax and renew!
1) Check out the improvements at Gore Mountain this year! Take your final run down The Pipeline to The Ski Bowl-and grab the shuttle “home” to the lodge. For something different, check out the recently reopened Hickory Hill in Warrensburg. They have just t-bars and poma lifts but some really unbelievable “Expert” ski terrain (and intermediate!)
2) Take a Winter Safari- hire local guide/Naturalist for a snowshoe or cross-country ski into terrain known only to locals. A really special experience- not to be missed!
3) Take a day trip up to Lake Placid. It’s a beautiful one-hour drive north. Window shop down Main Street, stop for lunch at any number of great luncheon spots, go to the top of the ski jumps and watch the ski jumpers or aerial freestyle skiers practice or compete. Check out the luge or bobsledding going, even take a bobsled ride yourself. Save room for a piece of pie at The Noonmark diner in Keene Valley on the way home.
4) Just take a drive… drive over to Brant Lake via Route 8 (make sure you go around the backside-Palisades Road) and drive over the mountain to Hague and back down Rt 9N to Bolton Landing. Stretch your legs and check out the nice shops or get a drink or dinner at any of the nice restaurants along Main Street in Bolton Landing- go sit at the park and enjoy the magnificent view of frozen Lake George in icy splendor.
5) After skiing is over, check out the tubing at The Ski Bowl – they have night skiing too! Make sure you stop at barVino Wine Shop to grab a bottle of wine to enjoy in front of the fire when you get back!
6) Try snowshoeing at Garnet Hill, Natural Stone Bridge Park, or Gore Mountain– its quiet and beautiful- you’ll be delightfully surprised at the unique winter experience!
7) Cross-country ski at our local nationally ranked cross-country ski area Garnet Hill or Cunningham’s Ski Barn. Don’t forget to stop in their pub afterwards or at the wine bar, barVino in North Creek on the way home. There are a number of other cross-country ski options; Cunningham’s Ski Barn, the Warrensburg Trails along the river and the Caroline Fish Trail System in Chestertown.
8) Winter horseback riding or engage a “one-horse open sleigh” and go over hill and dale at The Circle B Ranch in nearby Chestertown. Check out Main Street Ice Cream for lunch (or just ice cream!) afterwards. Don’t forget to check out the really nice gift shop upstairs.
9) Experience the rush of snowmobiling at C&C Adirondack Snowmobile Tours over frozen Loon Lake or in the winter wonderland of the Adirondack woods.
10) Get a massage and take a nap. Have a licensed massage therapist come right to your room or enjoy “The Oasis” a spa right next door! Enjoy a massage followed by a nap. Spend the rest of the day having lunch, dinner, or libations at one of the many great options here in town. Check out our shopping here in town-Adirondack rustic furniture, housewares & gifts at Hudson River Trading Co. and a nice selection of collectibles/antiques at Foothills. Keep an eye out for the bald eagle often seen looping out over Main Street and the River!
Contact us to reserve your Adirondack accommodations for your next Adirondack family vacation!